Saturday 24 November 2012

Bowler hats and my Aunty Betty. 22.11.12

You may have noticed the bowler hats.....
The reason for the bowler hat being the traditional headwear worn by the Aymara women is vague at best. Why the hats are also three sizes too small is even more vague, and to me even more intriguing.

Perhaps in England we wear them three sizes too big?

I also have the impression that I am in a city largely populated by my Aunty Betty.

The Aymara and other indigenous Bolivians are all of a similar height both to each other and to Aunty Betty (The traditional multi-layered petticoats, however, make them seem 10x bulkier). The tallest would come in at under 5', with many much smaller. However they do not move anywhere near as fast as Aunty Betty.

But then, not many people back in Falmouth do either.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment